Sadler
 
 


The Company was formed in 1882 by James S Sadler and has
been famous for its earthenware teapots ever since.From 1882 until the late 1890's the Company was known as Sadler & Co, but around 1899 they changed their name to James Sadler & Sons Ltd.

 
 
Length 16.0 cms:  height  11.5 cms
Length 19.0 cms:  height  15.0 cms
Length 16.0 cms:  height  11.5 cms
 
 

In the 1930's the firm produced a large range of goods including modernistic teapots and artware. In the 1970's the range grew to include giftware, vases, bowls and novelty goods. The cute piggy banks in the photographs below clearly fall into the latter category!
 
 
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
 
 

On 6 March 2000 the Company went into Receivership and in April of that year the brand name, designs, and the Sadler archive were purchased by Churchill China who kept the Sadler name as a separate brand entity, with production being done from the Churchill factory in Cobridge.
 
 
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
Length 16.0 cms:  height  12.0 cms
 
   
   
 
 
 
 

Click on thumbnails to view photographs full size and then use
browser 'BACK' button to return to this page

 


        
Copyright © r&m 2001 - 2012